In this article:
- About Babylon referrals
- Getting your referral letter
- After your referral appointment
- Problems with your referral
About Babylon referrals
Babylon clinicians can provide private specialist, diagnostic, and pathology referrals. You can take your referral to any private healthcare provider for further examination and treatment.
If you have private health insurance, speak to your insurer before you book your external appointment.
Getting your referral letter
After your appointment, we'll email you a link to your referral letter. You'll usually receive this within an hour, but it can take longer.
In the email, tap or click on View referral and you’ll be taken to the login screen of the Babylon app or Babylon web portal depending on what device you are using.
Using the Babylon App
- Go to the Care tab
- Find your appointment, then tap Referral
- Tap on the referral letter you want to open
- Click Download Referral Letter
Using the Babylon web portal
- Click on your initials (top right of the screen)
- Select Account, then Appointments
- Click on the appointment with your referral
- Click Your referral, then View
After your referral appointment
The private healthcare provider you choose will send you the results of your exam or test.
We ask that private healthcare providers send test results back to your NHS GP. Your private healthcare provider should contact you directly to discuss your results and arrange any necessary follow up. You can also discuss any results/concerns with your NHS GP.
You can still make an appointment with a Babylon clinician but we may not have all the results or clinical information required to make a thorough assessment.
Problems with your referral
If you have any problems with your referral, please contact our support team.