Based on the information that you enter, Symptom Checker provides you with healthcare information to help you to decide where to get the most appropriate care based on the symptoms you enter, but it does not provide medical advice, diagnosis and/or treatment - this usually requires full assessment by a doctor. The service does not diagnose your own health condition or make treatment recommendations for you. Symptom Checker is not a substitute for a doctor or other healthcare professional. You should not take or stop taking any action (such as taking medicines) based on information from our information services.
Articles in this section
- How do I create a new user profile?
- How does symptom checking work?
- How do I start to check my symptoms?
- Can I check someone else’s symptoms?
- Does Symptom Checker diagnose?
- What does Symptom Checker cover/ is it suitable for me?
- Can I use Symptom Checker outside the UK?
- How do I know it's accurate?
- How is it regulated?
- How has the safety of the service been assessed?