A therapy consultation lasts 50 minutes. During the session your therapist will ask you questions, listen, highlight links between what you are saying, help you make changes and work towards your goals, and suggest tools and strategies for helping you manage your symptoms and difficulties better. They may also set you homework to help you practice and apply new skills you have learnt. Your therapist won�t offer to cure you, they won�t judge you and they won�t make decisions for you. Therapy is collaborative and you can choose what you talk about and what problems and changes you focus on.
Articles in this section
- What is therapy?
- Who can book a therapy consultation?
- When can I see a therapist?
- What can I expect in the first session?
- What if I feel suicidal and need help urgently?
- How does a therapy session work?
- How long does it take?
- Can I be prescribed medication?
- What is the cancellation policy for therapy appointments?
- Would therapy be effective if I attended the digital therapy sessions from a public place in my lunch break?