A therapy consultation lasts 50 minutes. During the session your therapist will ask you questions, listen, highlight links between what you are saying, help you make changes and work towards your goals, and suggest tools and strategies for helping you manage your symptoms and difficulties better. They may also set you homework to help you practice and apply new skills you have learnt. Your therapist won�t offer to cure you, they won�t judge you and they won�t make decisions for you. Therapy is collaborative and you can choose what you talk about and what problems and changes you focus on.
Articles in this section
- What happens if I am in crisis, or my therapist believes I pose a risk to myself or others?
- When can I see a therapist?
- How long does it take?
- Can I book in for a series of babylon Therapy sessions?
- How does a therapy session work?
- What can I expect in the first session?
- What is CBT and why is it different?
- What if I feel suicidal and need help urgently?
- What is therapy?
- Who can book a therapy consultation?