Therapy or counselling is a process whereby psychological or life issues and problems can be worked through/resolved by talking to a trained and experienced therapist/counsellor. Therapy is not about giving advice but rather working in collaboration with a trained professional in identifying your own goals and developing greater insight into your problems and identifying appropriate solutions to these where possible. There are various different types of therapy available. At Babylon we offer Counselling or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). For more information of each of these approaches please see the other FAQs.
Articles in this section
- When can I see a therapist?
- What is therapy?
- Who can book a therapy consultation?
- Can I be prescribed medication?
- What can I expect in the first session?
- How long does it take?
- How does a therapy session work?
- What if I feel suicidal and need help urgently?
- Can I use the Chatbot option to talk to a therapist?
- What is the cancellation policy for therapy appointments?