In the first session, your therapist will spend some time getting to know you, ask about your life, your difficulties, what brought you to therapy and what you want to achieve or get out of the sessions. You will then agree whether therapy is going to be useful to you, what type of therapy you may benefit from and how many sessions you may need. There will also be a chance for you to ask any questions you may have.
Articles in this section
- When can I see a therapist?
- What is therapy?
- Who can book a therapy consultation?
- Can I be prescribed medication?
- What can I expect in the first session?
- How long does it take?
- How does a therapy session work?
- What if I feel suicidal and need help urgently?
- Can I use the Chatbot option to talk to a therapist?
- What is the cancellation policy for therapy appointments?