Usually if there is a delay of 1-2 days in obtaining a medicine it is because you have been prescribed a controlled drug. The GP will normally explain why it is necessary to prescribe this and explain the additional laws in place when prescribing and obtaining these medicines. The pharmacy can only issue medicine once they have received the original prescription.
Articles in this section
- Why is there a delay in me obtaining my medicine?
- How long will I have to wait for my prescription?
- I am at the pharmacy and my prescription is not here, what can I do?
- Can I send my prescription to a different pharmacy?
- How do I know if my prescription has reached the pharmacy?
- Why can't I collect my medicine from a pharmacy today?
- The pharmacist isn't happy to dispense my prescription what can I do?